As Father’s Day draws close, we want to spend time this week reflecting on the contributions that our fathers and father-figures have made in our lives. This Sunday, we have the opportunity to plan something memorable for our dads to show our appreciation. Step up your game this year and give your dad something he will really love – the gift of time spent with his family.
Here are ten activities you can do with your dad this weekend:
- Set up a projector and screen, grab a blanket, pop a bowl of popcorn, and host an outdoor movie night.
- Have a backyard picnic with your family featuring all of your dad’s favorite foods, treats, and drinks.
- Fire up the grill and treat your dad to a cookout. Up your game by helping your dad create his very own signature BBQ spice rub.
- Play backyard games such as cornhole, horseshoes, croquet, or frisbee. Bring the Olympic spirit to your backyard by getting the family involved in friendly competition.
- Plan a trip to the lake or river for a day of kayaking, canoeing, or fishing. Many lakes even offer boat and jet ski rentals that could help take the day to the next level!
- Escape the hustle and bustle of your daily routine and go camping for the weekend. Make sure to pack some marshmallows, chocolate, and graham crackers for s’mores!
- If your dad doubles as a handyman, plan a creative project to do together. Maybe you can build a birdhouse or refurbish an old piece of furniture for his house.
- Put together a scavenger hunt that will lead your dad to his Father’s Day gift. Whether the hunt is confined to the house or takes him all over town, this is sure to bring out your dad’s inner kid.
- Many national parks and museums like the Guggenheim in New York City and the Kenai Fjords National Park in Alaska are offering virtual tours, so fire up the laptop with dad and explore somewhere new from the comfort of your own home.
- Axe throwing has become a popular activity and is sure to make your dad feel macho. As long as you follow safety guidelines, this activity can be done in your own backyard.
We hope that these experiences will give you some valuable time with your dad this weekend, or at least spark another idea of how to spend a day together and make memories that will last a lifetime. To top off these activities with a practical Father’s Day gift your dad will love such as a new grill, leather wallet, knife, or tool set, stop by your Stockdale’s to shop our Father’s Day sale happening June 13th-18th!