Effective Date: May 1, 2011
Personal Information Collected
We collect personal information you provide to us when you:
- Purchase, order, return, exchange or request certain information about Stockdale’s products and services
- Request warranty or tax exempt information
- Contact Stockdale’s
- Visit, register on, or participate in the features of Stockdale’s websites
- Enter into a contest or sweepstakes or respond to an online survey
- Provide Stockdale’s with any information contributed to our sites on your behalf
- Provide Stockdale’s with other contact information.
The types of personal information we collect include name, postal address, phone number, fax number, e-mail address, photo, account information such as membership, credit card and online registration, demographic information, and information about your interests and preferences. Such information may be collected in the following manner.
- Shopping at Stockdale’s
Stockdale’s keeps a history of your purchases unless you purchase under an anonymous account. Even with an anonymous account purchase, certain historical information may be kept. Stockdale’s uses this information to process your orders, to ensure proper delivery, to better assist you when you visit or call us as well as to improve our product and service offerings.
When you return previously purchased merchandise or request a refund or exchange, you may be asked to give your name, address, telephone number and provide other information that identifies you, such as your driver's license. Stockdale’s collects this information to help prevent fraud.
When you call one of Stockdale’s retail locations or contact a Stockdale’s field representative about a product, delivery, an installation, a billing question or for customer service, you may be asked for information that identifies you along with additional information we need to help us promptly answer your questions, such as your name, email information, mailing address and a telephone number where we might contact you. Stockdale’s may retain this information to assist you in the future or for its other business needs.
- Online Registration
- Registration is an optional but highly recommended service provided by Stockdale’s through its sites. You do not have to register to browse or shop online. When you register, you are asked for certain personal information which may be used to assist us in our provision of services.
- Newsletters. When you register, you will have the opportunity to receive future marketing information from Stockdale’s and to sign up for email newsletters that cover certain subjects that are of interest to you.
- Updating Your Profile. If you need to view, change, update or delete any of your registration information, log in and click "My Account" at the top of the screen. You will be taken to a page where you can access your information so that you can edit it.
- Contests, Questions or Surveys
When you ask a question, participate in a survey or enter a contest or sweepstakes at a retail location, a Stockdale’s sponsored event or through our sites, we may collect your personal information. This information is used to administer your participation in a contest or sweepstakes.
- Extended Warranty Services
If you purchase an Extended Warranty Service through a brand of equipment that we sell, you will be required to provide personal information to third party Service Providers.
When you use one of Stockdale’s online sites, certain types of information is received automatically. This includes IP address, type of browser you use, access time, page you visited before visiting our site, cookies, click tracking and tracer tags. We may also collect information about your computer's operating system and information about your usage and activity on our site.
We automatically collect data using cookies. A "cookie" is a small data files that our sites transfer to your computer. We use the data we collect using cookies to support the integrity of the registration and buying process on our sites, retain your preferences and account settings, and improve our sites and your experience. Should you decide not to accept cookies from our site, you will limit the functionality we can provide you when you visit our sites.
A third party agent may also deliver cookies and collect data such as a Flash Player from Adobe Systems. View the respective company's privacy and security to learn more about that particular company's protection of your privacy
Our Use of Personal Information
Stockdale’s uses the personal information collected about you for a variety of purposes including:
- To administer your customer account
- Provide and deliver products and services, process and complete transactions and send you related information, including purchase confirmations, invoices, updates, security alerts, recall notices, and support and administrative messages.
- Respond to your comments and questions and provide customer service
- Send you communications about Stockdale’s and products, services, offers, promotions, news, upcoming events, and geographically relevant information
- Process and deliver contest entries and prizes
- Maintain and administer your Stockdale’s online account
- Operate and improve our sites and services
Sharing of Personal Information
Stockdale’s may share personal information about you outside of Stockdale’s as follows:
- If your purchases are being shipped to you, we share information with the carrier (UPS, FedEx, or USPS) selected in order to facilitate the shipment of the order to you. In the event of a search warrant or other legal valid inquiry or order, or to an investigative body in the case of a breach of an agreement or contravention of law, or as otherwise required by law.
- Community sections of Stockdale’s website are designed as an open and public forum for sharing information with other people. When you submit information for a community forum, that information may be displayed publicly. Personal information may be shared as part of a corporate business transaction such as a merger or acquisition of all or a portion of our business to another company, joint venture, corporate reorganization, financing or sale of company assets. It may also be shared in the event of insolvency, bankruptcy or receivership in which personal information could be transferred to third parties as one of the business assets in the transaction.
- A very limited part of our operations may be provided by third party providers such as Farm Plan and payment processsing services. These companies may have access to your personal information only on a confidential basis and only to the extent necessary to perform their functions.
- Stockdale’s sites may include links to our business partners, vendors and advertisers. The inclusion of any link does not imply Stockdale’s endorsement of any other company, its websites, and its products and/or services. The linked websites have separate and independent privacy policies which we encourage you to read carefully. We have no control over such websites and therefore have no liability or responsibility for the manner in which the organizations that operate such linked websites may collect, use or disclose and otherwise treat your personal information. Third party providers may need access to some of your personal information. We will only provide the minimum amount of information needed to complete the requested service or transaction.
- When you place your orders on Stockdales.com, the order information including your card number, account number, and delivery address is transmitted through the internet using Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) technology. SSL technology works with your browser to encrypt your order information before transmitting it to our server.
Stockdale’s does not rent, sell, or share information to third party vendors for the purpose of direct mail, e-mail marketing or spamming.
You may opt out of receiving promotional e-mails from Stockdale’s by following the instructions in those e-mails. If you opt out, Stockdale’s may still send you non-promotional e-mails such as e-mails about your purchases, account, membership or our ongoing business relations.
If your personal information changes, we invite you to correct or update your online profile by logging into your online account.
You can choose to stop collection of data by "cookies" on our site by setting your browser to remove and reject "cookies." This may not affect third party "flash cookies" used in connection with videos you may view on our sites. If you choose to remove or reject "cookies", this could affect certain features or services of our sites.
Security of Personal Information
Stockdale’s endeavors to use commercially reasonable physical, electronic and procedural measures to protect your personal information from loss, misuse, unauthorized access, disclosure, alteration, and destruction while it is under our control. However, no data transmission over the internet can be guaranteed to be 100% secure, and Stockdale’s makes no guaranty or representation thereof.
Changes to this Policy
If you have questions, comments, or concerns about this Policy or about our privacy practices, you may call us at 615.793.8524 or e-mail us at firstname.lastname@example.org during normal business hours. You may also direct your privacy-related comments or questions to the following address:
Attention: Internet Services
180 Old Nashville Highway
LaVergne, TN 37086